NPC Submission Info
The 2014 National Playwrights Conference is no longer accepting applications. Thanks to all who applied!
If you are new to the O’Neill and the National Playwrights Conference, we encourage you to take the time to learn a little bit more about us.
We also encourage you to learn about the Open Submission Process and peruse our Frequently Asked Questions page. These will give you a better idea of how your application will be handled and what you can reasonably expect from the process.
The O'Neill will begin accepting applications for the 2015 conference in the fall of 2014. If you are interested in applying, please look over the materials on these pages and sign up for the National Playwrights Conference Update below. As soon as we post our 2015 application, you will be the first to know.
PLEASE NOTE: The application materials below reflect the 2014 application process and are for reference purposes only.
YOU CAN APPLY WITH OUR ONLINE APPLICATION, OR BY MAILING HARD COPIES. THERE IS A $35.00 FEE TO APPLY.
- You must be 18 years of age and have the right to work within the United States.
- The play must not have had a professional production, or be scheduled to have a professional production, prior to August 2014. A professional production means that the artists working on the show were compensated for their time, and that all of the theatrical elements one hopes to see in a production were present.
- You may submit one original or adapted work, providing that the rights to any material not in the public domain have been granted in writing, and a copy of the release is sent along with the script.
- We develop all genres and styles of drama, including one-acts and solo pieces. NPC does not develop music theater works, though you may submit such work to the National Music Theater Conference.
- While we accept work that has been submitted to NPC in previous years, we recommend that you share new work with us each year.
- Only complete applications will be accepted, whether in hard copy or electronic form.
Thank you for your interest!
Please contact the literary office with any questions or concerns throughout the process. We devote much of our year to this process and are always happy to speak with playwrights.
**Reach us by phone at 860.443.5378 ext.227 & by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.